S Bend Caravan Park
- The area behind the S Bend Caravan Park is comprised of relatively easy coastal tracks. Letting your tyres down is required. The beach is not recommended for driving due to a lot rocks etc. The tracks will get you to most required points of interest.
- Contact: S Bend Caravan Park (08) 9926 1072
- Nearest service: Dongara / Geraldton
- Track Length: 17 km
- Distance from Midland: S Bend Caravan Park 403km
- StreetSmart®Travellers Atlas 9th Edition Map: 114 Grid Ref: A 3
- Roads and Tracks Western Australia 2005 Map: 76 Grid Ref: A 1
S Bend caravan park is situated approx 60km north of Dongara. The park caters as a stopover point and all amenities are available. The park also is a excellent place to stay in comfort if you wish to spend a week fishing the beaches at Lucy 's & Flat rocks. The surrounding region does boast a rich collection of historical buildings & an insight to how the early settlers lived and worked.
The coastline between Lucy 's & Flat rock is predominantly rock ledges and reef, there are clean sections of beach at the Mulloway holes. The Flat Rocks tracks can be accessed at the rear of the caravan park via the gate. Lucy 's beach is a short drive along Company rd.
In times of a big swell the rock ledges at Lucy 's & Flat rocks can become very dangerous so beware and never turn your back on the ocean. The sheltered water south of Flat rocks provides a reasonable beach to swim and fish. The fishing along this stretch of coast can produce some outstanding catches of fish. Westralian Jewfish & Samson fish can be had from the shore if you know when & how. Big Tailor & Mulloway are the mainstay of the region. Ballooning & bait casting are also possible with an easterly wind.
Some notable spots are Lucy's,Duncan 's, Clinches & Flat Rocks. You will have to watch the weather charts with regards to planning a trip along this piece of coastline. Storms and big swells can weed the coastline up, especially around Clinches. The sea breeze can make life difficult although the morning is usually pristine.
Accommodation varies at the Caravan park and the owners can be contacted on 08 9926 1072 for a up to date appraisal of the fishing, weather and accommodation availability.